The Hospital is situated in southwest Dublin and is easily accessible by car, bus or Luas. It is close to the M50 motorway and the N81.
Click here to access Google Map
By car via the M50:
- Travel south on the M50 and exit at junction 11.
- Follow the signs for Tallaght. You are now travelling on the N81. Continue straight on this road for approximately 1km through the roundabouts and traffic lights.
- The landmarks that you pass on the right include the Plaza Hotel and the Square Shopping Centre, and on your left, a public park.
- The right-hand turn for the Hospital is signposted shortly after you pass these landmarks. The Hospital is clearly marked from here. It is the second turn on your right. You will then see the Hospital entrance on your left.
For details of buses that serve Tallaght Hospital contact Dublin Bus on (01) 8734 222 or log onto www.dublinbus.ie
Upon arrival by train into Heuston and Connolly Stations, the Luas operates a service from both stations to the Hospital. See information below on the Luas.
The Hospital is now accessible through the red line on the Luas. The line starts at Connolly Station, runs through Middle Abbey Street, Heuston Station, and finishes in Tallaght. The Hospital is adjacent to the second last stop on this line, aptly-named, "Hospital". Trams run daily at regular intervals.
For more information, please visit www.luas.ie
A taxi from the centre of Dublin to the hospital will cost approximately €30. This amount is not exact and is only given as an indication of the approximate cost for someone who is considering this option.
You can park your car in the multi-story car park. This is run by a private company. There is a charge for the use of this car park. Updated charges will be posted shortly.
Car park charges:
- First 20 minutes of car parking is free
- 0 - 1 hour: €2.50
- 1 - 2 hours: €5.00
- 2 - 3 hours: €7.50
- 3 - 4 hours: €10.00 (Maximum day rate up to 24hrs)
- Flexible day pass/multiple entries & exits in one day €12.50
- Entry pass x 6 within a three month period: €25.00
As we do not have the space to offer free parking to patients who have to stay in the hospital for a long period of time, we suggest that, where possible, you arrange with someone to bring you to and collect you from the Hospital.
Tallaght Hospital is a large hospital and to help our patients, visitors and staff find their way around a series of maps have been created to help everyone to find locations easily and efficiently.
This Hospital Map provides details on how to find us along with details on the different areas within the Hospital.
The Adult & Paediatric Outpatient Depts are large and with over 200,000 attendances it is a busy Dept, this Map provides detail on how to find the different areas.
This is a detailed map of our inpatient areas.