Paying Your Hospital Bill
There are a number of ways to pay your Patient Invoice.
1) Pay Online - click this link to pay hospital bill
To use online payments you will need:-
a) Patients Hospital Number which is shown on the invoice
b) Patients Date of Birth
c) Credit/Debit Card details
2) Credit / Debit Cards on the 24 Hour Phone Line Telephone Number: 1890 917 001
3) Credit / Debit Card Payments are accepted on (01) 414 3697 between 10am and 12:30pm Monday to Friday
4) Cheque made payable to Tallaght Hospital – Please put the patients hospital number and invoice number on the back of the cheque
5) Postal / Money Order made payable to Tallaght Hospital. Please put the patients hospital number and invoice number on the back of the postal / money order
6) At the Patient Accounts Cash Office which is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 1pm.
Emergency Department: €100.00
Day Care Charges:*€80.00 Statutory Charge €407.00 Private Day Care Charge
Inpatient Charges: Public Patient: *€80.00 Statutory Charge in-patient per day
Private Patients: Multi Occupancy Room: €813.00 per day
Single Occupancy Room: €1,000.00 per day
Charges for multi occupancy and single occupancy accommodation are recoverable from the following insurance schemes:
1. VHI – please check what your plan covers you for.
2. Laya Healthcare
3. Aviva Health Insurance Ireland
4. ESB Staff Medical Provident Fund
5. Garda Medical Aid
7. Prison Officers Medical Aid
ALL INSURANCE FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED ON ADMISSION
Non-EU Resident Visitors:
Patients €1,545 per day, Semi Private Patients €1,545 and Private Patients €1,545Statutory Charge of €80.00 also applies to the above per night up to a maximum of ten nights.
Road Traffic Accidents Cases:
The Health (Amendment) Act 1986 requires the hospital to levy the following charges upon a person who has been the victim of a Road Traffic Accident (RTA).
Adult Emergency Department (ED): €100 Statutory Charge plus €314 RTA ED charge
Children's ED: €100 Statutory Charge plus €239 RTA ED charge
Inpatient: €1.545 per day plus *€80 statutory charge
Physio: €146.00 per RTA Physio attendance
(Single occupancy and Multi occupancy charges also apply where applicable).
*(Maximum statutory charges payable in a rolling twelve month period is €800)
Statutory Charge Exemptions:
- Public Medical Card holders (on proof of current card).
- Members of the defence forces and their dependants (letter proof required).
- Persons receiving services in respect of prescribed infectious diseases.
- Temporary visitors to Ireland from another EU Country on presentation of an EHIC Card are entitled to hospital services as a public patient without charge.
- Doctor referrals with Doctor’s letter to ED